New Ballad “Watermelon Moonshine” Available Now
Fast-rising Star to Release Hotly Anticipated Album Ahead of Her Acting Debut on Hit Show Yellowstone
ACM New Female Artist of the Year and iHeartRadio Music Awards’ Best New Country Artist, Lainey Wilson today announces her new album Bell Bottom Country will be released October 28 via BBR Music Group/Broken Bow Records. In celebration of the announcement, the fast-rising star revealed the album cover on the Paramount billboard in Times Square and released a brand-new track from the album, “Watermelon Moonshine.” Pre-add/pre-save the album and listen to “Watermelon Moonshine” HERE.
Bell Bottom Country draws its name directly from the monifolks have come to use to describe the Louisiana native’s unique sound, style and aesthetic — it’s Country, but with a flare. The hotly anticipated album reflects Lainey’s depth and multifaceted character with elements of ‘70s Rock, Funk and Soul but remains Country to the core. Across the 14 songs (all of which she co-wrote, except one cover), Lainey reveals her dynamism and makeup as a woman who is wise, fun, empowering, vulnerable, badass, unceremonious, tenacious and above all else, real. While just as authentic as her critically-acclaimed Sayin’ What I’m Thinkin’, Bell Bottom Country displays Lainey’s immeasurable growth as person, artist and especially as a songwriter that has leveled up since writing the last album.
“I’ve lived quite a bit of life the past few years, and I have a lot more to say,” said Lainey Wilson. “Sure, I love a good pair of bell bottoms, but Bell Bottom Country to me has always been about the flare and what makes someone unique — I have really embraced mine, and I hope y’all can hear that across this project.”
Lainey delivers a retrospective coming of age ballad about young love with the brand new “Watermelon Moonshine.” Watch the visualizer released today HERE. The song finds Lainey nostalgically reflecting on the dauntlessness of teenage love — and finds amusement in just how confidently unversed to the world she was at the time. “Watermelon Moonshine” is the second song available from Bell Bottom Country, the first being her current single “Heart Like A Truck.” The “as sturdy as its title” (Rolling Stone) single, which is currently climbing through the Top 40 on Country radio has been performed on NBC’s TODAY and on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
The “absolute star in the making” (Billboard) will join the cast of Paramount Network’s mega hit show Yellowstone for its fifth season. Lainey will take on the role of Abby, a character Taylor Sheridan (co-creator) crafted specifically for the “Things A Man Oughta Know” singer and will allow her to perform new original music written and recorded by Lainey herself.
Fans can catch Lainey on the Ain’t Always the Cowboy Tour with Jon Pardi and Hailey Whitters tour this summer as well as select dates with Luke Combs.
For more information about the “bona fide redneck warrior princess” (Saving Country Music), visit www.laineywilson.com.
Bell Bottom Country Track Listing:
1. “Hillbilly Hippie” (Lainey Wilson, Terri Jo Box, Jeremy Bussey)
2. “Road Runner” (Lainey Wilson, Trannie Anderson, Dallas Wilson)
3. “Watermelon Moonshine” (Lainey Wilson, Jordan Schmidt, Josh Kear)
4. “Grease” (Lainey Wilson, Jessi Alexander, Andrew Petroff)
5. “Weak-End” (Lainey Wilson, Nicolette Hayford, Faren Rachels)
6. “Me, You, and Jesus” (Lainey Wilson, Emily Weisband, Dallas Wilson)
7. “Hold My Halo” (Lainey Wilson, Derek George, Monty Criswell, Lynn Hutton)
8. “Heart Like A Truck” (Lainey Wilson, Dallas Wilson, Trannie Anderson)
9. “Atta Girl” (Lainey Wilson, Dallas Wilson, Brett Tyler)
10. This One’s Gonna Cost Me” (Lainey Wilson, Nicolette Hayford, Faren Rachels)
11. “Those Boots (Deddy’s Song)” (Lainey Wilson, Terri Jo Box, Trent Tomlinson)
12. “Live Off” (Lainey Wilson, Trannie Anderson, Dallas Wilson, Adam Doleac)
13. “Wildflowers and Wild Horses” (Lainey Wilson, Trannie Anderson, Paul Sikes)
14. “What’s Up (What’s Going On)” (Linda Perry)