|Riding a growing wave of excitement, Stoney Creek Records artist Drake Milligan is bringing neon thrills back to Country music, announcing his full-length album debut Dallas/Fort Worth.
Set for release on September 15 and named after the young Texan’s hometown, the project finds a next-generation traditionalist mixing timeless sounds and right-now energy – and giving Texas twang a much-needed shot in the arm.
Featuring 14 tracks produced by the legendary Tony Brown (George Strait, Reba McEntire) and songwriter/producer Brandon Hood, double-barreled baritone vocals match electrifying honky-tonk hooks, Western swing two-steppers, country pop balladry and more, as Milligan uncorks exuberant themes of trouble-making fun, young romance, life-sustaining love and more. Under his watch, country’s metaphorical saloon doors swing open once more.
“As a lifelong Country music fan, it has been my dream make a full-length record that pays homage to traditional Country roots, while still bringing new sounds and energy to the genre,” says Milligan.
“As a native son of the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I’ve always been intrigued by the difference between the two cities. First there’s Dallas: a city determined to prove that everything really is bigger in Texas. Then, just 30 miles to the west, there’s Fort Worth: a city that holds true to its Stockyard roots with a taut rope around its cowboy brand. My goal was to bring those same distinctions to the two parts of this album. On Dallas, the songs have a little more polish on their boots. On Fort Worth, there are nods to those traditional Honky-Tonkin’, Western swingin’, cowboy culture roots that I’m based in.”
Pre-save/Pre-add Drake Milligan’s Dallas/Fort Worth here.
Dallas/Fort Worth Tracklist:
1. “Sounds Like Something I’d Do” (Drake Milligan/Brett Beavers/Terry McBride)
2. “Kiss Goodbye All Night” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/ Josh Jenkins/Phil O’Donnell)
3. “Hating Everything She Tries On” (Drake Milligan/Brent Anderson/Lynn Hutton)
4. “She” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/John Pierce)
5. “Bad Day To Be A Beer” (Drake Milligan/Marv Green/JT Harding)
6. “Hearts Don’t Break Even” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Liz Rose)
7. “Dance Of A Lifetime” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Phil O’Donnell)
1. “Over Drinkin’ Under Thinkin’” (Drake Milligan/Brice Long/Brett Beavers)
2. “Tipping Point” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Terry McBride/Josh London)
3. “Don’t Look Down” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/John Pierce)
4. “Goin’ Down Swingin’” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Phil O’Donnell
5. “Save It For A Sunny Day” (Drake Milligan/Marv Green/Tim Nichols)
6. “Long Haul” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Bob DiPIero
7. “Cowboy Kind Of Way” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Terry McBride)
Soulful beyond his years but still full of devil-may-care swagger, Milligan’s full-length debut follows his Tony Brown/Brandon Hood-produced 2021 self-titled EP. Landing at Number One on the iTunes Country Album chart, the project also featured the Number One iTunes Country Single “Sounds Like Something I’d Do” – which in turn spawned a music video which topped the iTunes Video chart.
Meanwhile, Milligan has been out on the road building a rabid fanbase, finishing a successful run in Southern California and earning rave reviews with a national-TV triumph. Back in June, the budding superstar made a splash on America’s Got Talent, performing the rowdy “Sounds Like Something I’d Do” to a standing ovation from show creator Simon Cowell and his fellow judges. He’ll return to the show for a live semi-final performance on August 9.
Following that, Milligan will return to the road, with new headline shows and festival dates scheduled from Mississippi to Michigan and everywhere between during September and October. Check below for a full list of current tour dates and stay tuned for more to come.
Aug 9 – America’s Got Talent live performance
Aug 12 – Royse City, TX – Southern Junction
Aug 13 – Katy, TX – Mo’s Place
Sep 16 & 17 – Los Angeles, CA @ Desert 5 Spot
Sep 21 – Oxford, MS @ Proud Larry’s
Sep 23 – Fort Worth, TX @ Billy Bob’s Texas
Sep 24 – San Antonio, TX @ The Rustic
Sep 30 – Indianapolis, IN @ Tin Roof
Oct 1 – Detroit, MI @ Tin Roof
Oct 7 – Gretna, LA @ Gretna Heritage Festival
Oct 8 – Sheridan, AR @ Timberfest
Oct 15 – San Angelo, TX @ The Hangout at Riverside Golf Course
Oct 20 – Memphis, TN @ Lafayette’s
Oct 21 – Lexington, KY @ Tin Roof
Oct 22 – Louisville, KY @ Tin Roof
Oct 29 – Richmond, VA @ River City Roll