CHASE RICE UNVEILS THE ALBUM, AVAILABLE NOW
All-Encompassing Project Features Part I & Part II Tracks
With Four New Songs, Including Current Top 20-and-Climbing Single “Drinkin’ Beer. Talkin’ God. Amen.” featuring Florida Georgia Line
Sports Illustrated Chronicles Rice’s Journey: “Rice kept his head down, eyes up as he figured out who he is and navigated his wild ride to redemption.”
Multi-Platinum entertainer Chase Rice celebrates the arrival of The Album today, May 28, as announced during his recent appearance on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” where he performed Top 20-and-climbing single “Drinkin’ Beer. Talkin’ God. Amen.” The Album is available on all digital and streaming platforms HERE.
The journey of this project began in early 2020, when Rice surprised fans with the release of his seven-song The Album Part I, featuring Platinum-certified Top 10 hit “Lonely If You Are.” The Album Part II followed shortly thereafter, with Rice appearing on “Good Morning America” to announce the addition of four new songs to the collection as part of his desire to give fans new music more frequently than traditional album cycles allow.
“I grew up like so many people did, listening to new CDs from start to finish in my truck for weeks at a time,” reflects Rice. “That’s not the way music is consumed anymore with playlisting and streaming, so I wanted to give all of these songs their own moment. It’s been really cool to see people connect with songs off Part I and Part II that they might not have discovered if we had released all 15 songs at once.”
Now, with four more songs to round out the project – including his quickly climbing single with longtime friends Florida Georgia Line – Rice considers his all-encompassing The Album to be his most defining release to date, as evidenced by its emphatic title.
“I chose to call this The Album because it’s the first thing I would encourage someone to listen to if they want to know who I am as an artist,” shares Rice. “My career has been such a rollercoaster journey, but it’s all led to this moment and these songs. So much of what I’ve learned, so much of what I’ve fought through – it’s all reflected in this music.”
From opener “American Nights,” planting a flag in eclectic new territory while celebrating a nation of diversity, to standout tracks “Messy” and “Forever To Go” as well as the uplifting “Belong,” a timely message which Rice added in direct response to the uncertainty caused by the worldwide pandemic, the Tennessean commends the project’s breadth of “stories from uncontrollable longing to time-tested love” while Billboard praises Rice’s “deftness at melding a number of styles, while always staying firmly within country confines” and American Songwriter notes that “Rice has spent recent months cementing his place as one of country music’s most intriguing and lasting acts via a series of impressive music.”
Brand new on the full version of The Album is “The Nights,” which sees Rice acknowledge the difficulty of moving on, toggling between singing and speaking to emphasize his most vulnerable moments; “Bedroom,” a sultry midtempo ode to romance; and “If I Didn’t Have You,” a reflective track that recognizes the way our loved ones push us to be the best versions of ourselves.
Earning early praise from Forbes for “writing and recording new songs on a greater scale than ever before… [with] a burst of creativity in recent months motivated by a renewed focus on his music future,” Rice cites The Album as not only the most personal and refined release of his career thus far, but also as a launching pad for what’s to come.
“This has been such an interesting time, releasing new music without getting to play it live,” notes Rice, “but I’m really proud of how much I’ve found myself as an artist on this project and I think it will segue perfectly into my next full album which is already in the works.”
Fans will finally have the chance to hear the new music in concert as Rice joins Kane Brown on the NBA arena Blessed & Free Tour at the top of 2022. For a full list of dates and to purchase tickets, click HERE.
The Album Track List:
Produced by Chris DeStefano & Chase Rice unless otherwise noted.
- American Nights(Kevin Griffin, Martin Johnson, Francois Tetaz; produced by Martin Johnson)
- Lonely If You Are(Chase Rice, Lindsay Rimes, Hunter Phelps)
- Everywhere(Chase Rice, Zachary Kale, James McNair; produced by Zachary Kale)
- Best Night Ever(Chase Rice, Chris DeStefano, Matt Jenkins)
- Messy(Seth Ennis, Kylie Sackley)
- In The Car(Chase Rice, Jesse Rice, Hunter Phelps, Mark Holman)
- Forever To Go(Jordan Minton, Casey Brown, Geoffrey Warburton; produced by Casey Brown)
- You (Chase Rice, Jon Nite, Zach Kale)
9. Break. Up. Drunk. (Chase Rice, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt)
10. Down Home Runs Deep (Daniel Ross, Michael Hardy, Mike Walker, James McNair)
11. Belong (Chase Rice, Chris DeStefano, Jon Nite)
12. The Nights (Chase Rice, Zach Kale, James McNair; produced by Zach Kale)
- Bedroom (Chase Rice, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins; produced by Corey Crowder)
- If I Didn’t Have You (Chase Rice, Channing Wilson, Jonathan Singleton; produced by Jimmy Robbins & Jonathan Singleton)
- Drinkin’ Beer. Talkin’ God. Amen. featuring Florida Georgia Line (Chase Rice, Hunter Phelps, Cale Dodds, Corey Crowder; produced by Chase Rice, Florida Georgia Line & Corey Crowder)